Super secret beer update

Well… After crunching the numbers and doing the figuring.  I have completely worked out the recipe. I have decided to make the first batch with an extract instead of all grain. It’s just an easy way to get right to the taste portion instead of having to tweak my grain bill. I want to focus on taste and color first. The hard part was attempting to figure out which extract to use and how much of what type to use.
       I settled on a liquid and dry combination. The numbers and gravity are all within range and the color will be nice and dark.  I will focus with this first batch on how well I can make the flavors work together. I plan on brewing this secret blend up hopefully this weekend and with any luck, will have good news to share with you folks.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s